2022. A new year, and a new opportunity for companies to start rethinking and revamping their benefit strategies. From marketing your open enrollment, to ensuring all employees are educated and informed on their benefits, no strategy can be successful without effective communication and guidance being offered to employees. Benefits can be intricate and detailed, and can often be difficult for employees to understand, creating an environment where employees may feel overwhelmed and unable to make effective benefits decisions. Developing and maintaining goals and objectives will help form the foundation of your benefits strategy, ensuring employees are aware, empowered and informed.
Customizing your benefits strategy to your employee population is critical to the success of the overall benefits experience. Failure to tailor your benefits strategy around your team’s unique needs creates knowledge gaps for employees, potentially affecting participation and benefits package satisfaction. Companies should remember that expanding benefits offerings is not always the answer to success.
When considering your benefits strategy for 2022, it can be helpful to ask yourself these questions:
- Are we effectively communicating open enrollment to our employees?
- Are we providing a place for employees to go to get answers to their benefits questions?
- Is our benefits technology easy to use and accessible to our entire employee population?
- Are we listening to the benefits needs and wants from our employees?
- Do our employees understand their benefit options, and are they empowered to make those decisions?